What is Road Hazard Damage?
The road can be tough on your tires – but with Road Hazard Tire Coverage you may be covered.
Road hazard damage occurs when a tire fails as a result of a puncture, bruise, or impact break incurred during the course of normal driving on a road maintained by state or local authority. Nails, glass, and potholes are the most common examples of road hazards.
Where Can I Get Service?
With a nationwide network of participating BMW Tire Centers, getting your eligible damaged tires replaced has never been easier.
If possible, return your vehicle to your original selling dealership. Otherwise, contact the program administrator (866.330.7569) during normal business hours to help you locate the nearest participating BMW Tire Center.
What Tires are Eligible for Coverage?
Replacement OEM, OEA or WIN tires purchased and installed at a participating BMW Tire Center on or after February 1, 2018 are eligible for Road Hazard Tire Coverage.
How Do I Get a Replacement Tire?
The Road Hazard Tire Coverage claims process is quick and hassle-free, so you can get back on the road faster.
- Present your eligible damaged tire(s) to the Original or Participating BMW Tire Center with the original invoice and your vehicle VIN.
- The damaged tire(s) may be required for inspection. In this case, you must provide the DOT number for each tire.
- Your BMW Tire Center will verify that the damage is covered.
- If a tire is eligible for program benefits, your BMW Tire Center will submit a claim and replace the tire up to a maximum benefit of $600 per tire. Your BMW Tire Center will keep the damaged tire(s).
- Sign the replacement invoice and you’re ready to drive.